fall is a cornucopia of awesome (see what i did there...wakka wakka wakka):
- anything pumpkin related. (pumpkin spice latte's are seriously the only sweet coffee drink i love)
- apple picking. i want to go to there.
- sweater/hoodie wearing. it's my favorite type of clothing. (actually fall has the best clothes in general as demonstrated by the brilliant mari andrew)
- halloween (i think i have an idea for a costume)
- leaves changing colors
- orange and red gerber daisies
- fleece blankets
- football season starting (bear down)
- shows coming back from hiatus
- salted caramel
- there's a certain sweetness that permeates the air that you carry with you all day.
in other news, i am two weeks into the new semester at work. i love my kids. one gave me the hunger games to read as well as two other ya books. devoured them over labor day weekend. riddle me this...why do young adult authors love to write about dystopian societies (i read the hunger games, delirium, and divergent)...maybe it makes the average sixteen year old feel better reading about being sixteen in a totally f*cked up alternate reality.
i always kind of miss school when this time of year rolls around. i like the structure and comradeship of school.
i realized i've been in colorado for five years. how is that possible? i miss chicago daily. i mean, don't get me wrong. i love my voice teacher, love the companies i sing with, LOVE the kids i teach...it's just not home.
sometimes you watch the muppet movie before going to work on a thursday...don't judge. life's like a movie, write your own ending, keep believing, keep pretending.
p.s. if you haven't seen this...it's amazeballs.